We want to thank you for choosing Y-Knot Rentals, LLC to book your upcoming stay in Port Mansfield. Before you arrive, you will need to read and understand the terms of the rental agreement as set out below. Once you have read the terms, please sign at
the bottom and return to management. You will not be allowed to occupy your unit until we have received this form signed and dated by you. Again, we are happy to have you staying in Port Mansfield with Y-Knot Rentals, LLC.
1. TENANT’S WAIVER OF LIABILITY: Tenant and tenant’s guests hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Y-Knot Rentals, LLC and property owners from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out
of or related to any loss, damage, accidents or injury, including death, that may be sustained by tenant, or any of tenant’s guests of the property, whether caused by the negligence of the tenants or tenant’s guests, or otherwise, while leasing the property
(the activity), or while in, on, or upon the property where the activity is being conducted.
2. HOLD HARMLESS: Tenant and tenant’s guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless Y-Knot Rentals, LLC and property owners against any and all claims of personal injury, property damage or loss arising from the use of the unit, including those claims brought
by your guests, invitees, or any other person accessing or using the unit.
3. TENANT’S RESPONSIBILITIES: Upon arrival, tenant agrees to fully examine the unit, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures and landscaping, if any, are not in operating condition or in disrepair and shall immediately report to Y-Knot Rentals,
LLC of any damage to unit and to take any measures as are reasonable to mitigate damage, and be responsible for damages for failure to do so. Tenant acknowledges that unless Y-Knot Rentals, LLC is notified on the day of check-in of any damage or cleaning
concerns tenant will be liable for such condition. Additionally, Tenant will be responsible to warn any guests, invitees, or any other persons present at the unit of the conditions of the unit and surrounding property. Tenant understands that some units
have a pier or other structure that extends over the water. These structures are inherently dangerous and improper use of such can cause bodily injury. Tenant agrees to not allow any persons onto areas outside of the unit that are not a traditional sitting
area or customarily used for fishing. Areas on the sides of piers can be slippery or be in such a condition to cause injury. Tenant and tenant’s guests are fully aware of the risks involved and hazards connected with the leasing of a bayside property and
hereby elect to voluntarily lease the property with full knowledge that said activity may be hazardous to tenant and tenant’s guests. Tenant and tenant’s guests assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including
death that may be sustained by tenant or tenant’s guests. Tenant and tenant’s guests understand that there are potential dangers to children who are not carefully supervised, as well as to any person using the unit, or if a person is intoxicated or using
any kind of drugs or medication. Tenant and tenant’s guests agree to assume all responsibility for the consequences of those risks and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents that may occur and agree to waive any claims whatsoever against the
property owner or Y-Knot Rentals, LLC for accidents or claims arising from tenant or tenant’s guests use of unit and property.
4. CHECK IN TIME IS 3:00 PM: Plan to arrive no earlier than 3:00 PM. Do not use the unit or premises before this time. WE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ENSURE YOUR UNIT IS READY AT 3PM BUT WE CANNOT GUARANTEE. If property is available and ready for rental prior
to 3:00PM, and early check-in will be allowed. CHECK OUT TIME IS 11:00 AM. Guests understand that keys and key codes will only be given to the person who signed the contract, unless prior arrangements have been made. KEYS MUST BE RETURNED to the Y-Knot
Rentals, LLC office, no later than 11:30 AM, on the date of Guest Check-out. The office is located at 123 West Harbor, Port Mansfield, TX 78598.
5. LOST ITEMS & KEYS: If tenant or tenant’s guests do not return the keys during departure, there will be a $25 key replacement fee. Y-Knot Rentals, LLC shall have no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. There will be a $25.00 charge plus
shipping costs for any items returned at guest’s request. This fee must be received before any items will be shipped. If items are not claimed after 21 days, unclaimed items shall become the property of the Y-Knot Rentals.
6. AMENITIES: If provided, no refund of rents shall be given for outages, speed, or access problems, content, lack of content or personal preferences with regard to cable/internet/satellite service. Services are provided as a convenience only, and are
not integral to this agreement. Y-Knot Rentals, LLC may not issue refunds for non-functioning or closed amenities include: pool, Jacuzzi, and all major appliances.
7. HOUSEKEEPING: All linens and towels are provided for each rental unit. Linens and towels are not to be taken from unit or to be used in/on the boat, or piers, or left outside. If any items are missing/or stained upon departure, the tenant will be billed
accordingly. A starter supply of bath tissue, paper towels, and garbage bags are also included. Guests are responsible for their own paper goods after the initial supply is depleted. Daily housekeeping service is available upon request for an additional
8. DISPUTES: Any disputes under this agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Texas. Any action relating to this agreement shall be filed in District Court in Willacy County, Texas. Both parties consent to the exclusive
venue and jurisdiction of such court. Tenant and tenant’s guests agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney’s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Y-Knot Rentals, LLC and property owners enforcing this agreement.
9. REPAIRS AND SERVICE CALLS: Even the best or newest equipment occasionally malfunctions and cannot be guaranteed 100% of the time. Y-Knot Rentals, LLC and the property owners will make every effort to repair any malfunctions as fast as humanly possible.
Refunds will not be issued due to malfunctioning equipment or other guest dissatisfaction. Should a repairman make a call to a unit and find that the equipment is in working order and the problem was due to tenant oversight or neglect, all charges for the
service will be charged to the Tenant’s credit card on file. Y-Knot Rentals, LLC and property owners are not responsible for power outages or Mother Nature and no refunds will be given for such acts.
10. PETS: Pets are not permitted in most properties, or on the premises without prior disclosure of a pet and paying a non-refundable pet deposit of $125.00. In case of non disclosure of a pet, the tenant and tenant’s guests authorize the Y-Knot Rentals,
LLC office to add the charge of $125.00 non-refundable pet deposit. Tenant and tenant’s guests understand that pets are permitted only in the pet friendly units.
11. USE: Any use of the dwelling other than residential use during a family vacation must be approved in writing by the Agent. If the swelling is to be used for any event such as weddings, receptions, “parties” or large gatherings, the Guest agrees to submit
a request for approval to the Agent and adhere to the Agent’s determination on that request. If the Agent approves the event, the Guest will be required to pay an “event fee” and an additional security deposit. Agent determines the “event fee.” If the Guest
misrepresents an event (said misrepresentation to be determined by the Agent), the Guest will forfeit the security deposit paid and may be asked to vacate the property and will not be entitled to any refund.
12. HOMES/CONDOS: Neither Y-Knot Rentals, LLC or the Owner shall be responsible for providing any additional furnishings or equipment not available presently in the residence. It is understood that each property and its furnishings are privately owned and
Y-Knot Rentals, LLC acts solely as the Rental Agent for the owner. If furniture is moved, you will be responsible for any charges incurred in returning it to its proper location.
13. SAFETY: Please DO NOT forget to lock up valuables and always lock doors and windows when leaving. We also highly recommend locking up when enjoying the pool or water. Y-Knot Rentals, LLC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
14. SMOKING: Smoking in a property or unauthorized renter will result in a $500 fine. Fees will be charged to an authorized credit card. All Y-Knot Rentals Properties are non-smoking. Violation of this requirement will result in an additional $100 grounds
15. For properties with a private pool, Y-Knot Rentals, LLC and/or the homeowner are not held responsible for injuries or accidental deaths resulting from utilizing the pool.
16. WEEKLY RENTALS SPECIALS: One-day free with a 7-day rental applies for most units
17. WHAT TO BRING: We provide a minimal amount of household supplies. You will need to bring extra trash bags, coffee, coffee filters, paper towels, and toilet tissue.
18. TRASH: Trash is picked up on Monday and Thursday. All trash must be bagged in garbage bags. All trash should be taken out of the house and placed in the appropriate receptacle.
19. FISHING LIGHTS: Please be sure to turn off the fishing lights during the day and before departing.
20. PENALTY FOR VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT: If Guest violates any of the conditions or restrictions of this Agreement, the Guest agrees that the Agent and/or Manager of the property may terminate this Agreement and enter the Property. Upon notice of termination
of the Agreement, the Guest and all invitees of Guest shall vacate the Property immediately without being entitled to any refund of rent or deposit.
21. EXPEDITED EVICTION: If the tenancy created hereunder is for 30days or less, expedited eviction procedures will apply. Tenant may be evicted under such procedures if Tenant: (i) holds over in possession after Tenant’s tenancy has expired; (ii) commits
a material breach of any provision of this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) that according to its terms would result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy; (iii) fails to pay rent as required by this Agreement; of (iv) has obtained possession of
the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation.
22. MINIMUM STAY: All units have a two-night minimum stay.
23. WINTER RATES: Available from November 1st to March 1st. Please call for more information.
24. SOUTH HARBOR CONDOS: Limited parking at SH#1- SH#12. Please make arrangements for boat trailers and extra vehicles.
25. Tenant agrees by signing this release, tenant and tenant’s guests acknowledge and represent that they have read the foregoing Rental agreement which includes a waiver of liability and hold harmless agreement. Tenant is responsible for all guest’s actions
and tenant is signing this voluntarily as their own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
26. PAYMENT: We require 1 nights deposit to reserve a unit. We accept all major credit cards, checks, & cash. When paying with a credit card there is a 4% convenience charge. A $10.00 administrative fee is incurred with each reservation. Renters are responsible
for Pay-for-View satellite costs or any damages to property incurred during the guest’s occupation. All rentals have a Cleaning Fee. All short term rentals are subject to 15% motel/State Tax. All prices are subject to change. Cancellation by email or postal
service or message on answering machine is not acceptable, you must contact our office by telephone and cancellation must be 30 days in advance of your reservation.
The rental agreement specifies the number of adults and children allowed to stay as guests in a unit. If a number greater than the agreed upon number or ages occurs, you will be asked to leave with no refund. The guest signing the rental agreement assumes
all responsibility for the actions and behavior of all guests and agrees to follow the rules of the property posted therein.
Guest Signature Date
Guest Printed Name Date